Official Opening Date: September 1st
What's New This Year?
- Free Profile for Every Participant: Show off your talent and promote your future shows right on your profile.
- Brand New "Style Section": You can now upload pictures to our style section and let fans vote for your unique artistic style.
- Statistics at Your Fingertips: Monitor the number of votes and visits to your profile, and gain insights into your growing popularity.
- Promote Your Music Like Never Before: Link your website and social media handles directly to your profile. This will allow thousands of visitors to reach out to you directly, increase your social media visibility, and open your music to producers and more.
Special Early Bird Offer: Register before the official opening date, and your entry fee is just $99! (Regular cost $125 from September 1st)
Joining the Made In New York Jazz Competition is not just about showcasing your talent; it's about unlocking unparalleled opportunities. Here's what awaits you:
- Perform Globally: By participating in the competition, you will be able to expand your network and you'll have an opportunity to perform in New York, on our Festival in Europe, and participate in multiple projects around the globe!
- Win Big: The winner of the competition will be awarded a guaranteed cash prize of $3,000 and gets invited to the Jazz Gala in New York!
- Impress Legendary Judges: This year, our esteemed panel includes legendary American artists Randy Brecker, Lenny White, and Mike Stern.
The committee members of the competition are John Lee, Wayne Escoffery, Manuel Valera, Edsel Gomez, and Federico Malaman. Showcasing your talent in front of these masters opens up vast horizons and unique opportunities for growth and recognition.
- Networking and Exposure: Connect with fellow musicians, producers, and thousands of jazz enthusiasts. Gain social media visibility and open your music to a broader audience.
This incredible blend of competition, opportunity, recognition, and reward makes the Made In New York Jazz Competition an unmissable event for any aspiring jazz artist.
How to Register?
Visit our brand new website at www.madeinnyjazz.com to register and explore the enhanced features designed just for you.
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity to be a part of the jazz sensation that's sweeping the globe! Register today and take the first step towards jazz stardom.
Feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or need assistance. Swing into success with the Made In New York Jazz Competition. We look forward to seeing your talent shine!
Rules and Steps
1. Video Submission Period: September 1st - December 28
- Submission of the video performances.
- Early submissions lead to more views and votes.
- Increased exposure for artists on social media channels and websites.
2. Public Voting and Special Winner Selection
- Voting Mechanism: The public votes on artist profiles to decide on two topics.
- The most-voted video receives the “Most “Voted title.
- The winner will have an opportunity to showcase his talent at the International Jazz Gala in New York.
Special Style Vote and Award (New from 2023)
- Artistic Look Submission: Participants can showcase their artistic style by adding up to 5 high-resolution pictures to their profile.
Voting Mechanism: People vote for their favorite artistic style based on these images.
- Winners of this category will receive the "STYLE Award".
- To appreciate and honor the visual artistic expression and style of the jazz performers.
3. Committee and Judges Review: Starting January
- Selection of winners in each category by committee members and judges.
- Category winners proceed to the final round.
4. Ongoing Profile Visibility During Review
- Artist profiles remain active on the competition website.
- Continued visibility and engagement.
- Increased social media followers and views due to ongoing profile reviews.
5. Final Winners Announcement
- Final Stage:
- From the finalists in each category, three overall winners are announced.
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners.
READ CAREFULLY BEFORE SENDING THE VIDEO:
The submitted video has to have a clear picture and sound.
At least 80% of the video has to contain actual performance (as opposed to shots of the audience, interior, graphics, and other auxiliary shots).
The same rule applies in a situation when a soloist is accompanied by other musicians. In other words, we want to see you. Well, mostly you!
Poor-quality videos will be rejected at the sole discretion of the competition committee without further explanation.
The participation fee is $125
Do not send demo reels that consist of many short clips.
These collages are confusing and difficult to evaluate objectively.
Please submit one performance in its entirety.
Recommended video format:
MPEG 2, MPEG 4, DIVX AVI
Standard definition 4:3 (640x480, 720x480) High definition 16:9 (1080x720, 1920×1080)